Lord of the Rings Slow Read Compilation

13»

Comments

:)
    It may not be a field of Cormallen, but I think it's a fitting celebration of our labors (enjoyable though they were).

Damn you and your speedy post, @RichardAbbott! Here in the new world we have to rely on trained deer!

I now have mine too! Thanks for doing this Mr. Miller. It's an absolute delight!

Silmarillion for 2020?

My trained deer arrived, but between the Mission of Gravity and Book of the New Sun, I'm too busy to read it!!!!

Read it, @clash_bowley ? you wrote a significant chunk of it!

Glad you like it, @dr_mitch . I'll say "maybe" to the Silmarillion next year. I'm sitting out this year's Slow Read, so maybe I'll be up for it next year.

I've gotta say it looks great, @Michael_S_Miller! :D

Finally got to open mine today - looks great! Even the photographs in the interior rendered quite well.
    Just spent a happy time reading through parts of this and must say again what a great production job you did of it @Michael_S_Miller ! My other half was equally impressed and commented what a great record it is of some wonderful discussions :smile:
    I'm so glad everyone is enjoying their copies. It makes the effort worthwhile.

One of the most fun parts for me was coming up with the thread titles for the various little discussions that weren't related to a specific chapter.

The e-book versions will get done, but likely not for a few more weeks. Too busy at the day job, making books for other people.
    edited April 14

Hey, all! I found a few hours and finished the e-book versions. Files are available here.

There's both an epub and mobi/Kindle version, depending on which e-reader you prefer. Also included is an XML file, using the particular flavor of XML that I use in my day job.

After logging 26 hours on this project over the past six months, I close the book on the book about the book. It's been an grand adventure.

Enjoy!

Great news!

Thank you so much, Michael! <3

@Michael_S_Miller said:
    Hey, all! I found a few hours and finished the e-book versions. Files are available here.

There's both an epub and mobi/Kindle version, depending on which e-reader you prefer. Also included is an XML file, using the particular flavor of XML that I use in my day job.

After logging 26 hours on this project over the past six months, I close the book on the book about the book. It's been an grand adventure.

Enjoy!

I've been meaning to say that this - like the print version - is excellently done. Thanks so much :smile:

Thanks, @RichardAbbott ! I typeset books and make e-books professionally, so it was a nice opportunity to use my skills on something that meant something to me.