Five Sword and Planet Sagas

A recent Tor newsletter has a nice round-up of sword and planet adventures, including Leigh Brackett's Sword of Rhiannon, which was book number 49 for this club. I think most of you were around by then and will probably remember it. Of the remainders on the list, I'm most intrigued by the Farmer book, never having read any Farmer. I'd also do Vance in a heartbeat. Also, that Dray Prescott book looks cool - illustrated by a Tim Kirk, no less. And Lin Carter - another author we've neglected. So, obviously we need to read all of these. As for the article, @HowardAJ was one of the contributors, and I'd still like to get him to do a book with us, if he ever has time.

Link: Five Classic Sword and Planet Sagas

Comments

edited November 2

I have read all these except World of Tiers, which is why I didn't mention it in StarCluster 4 - Sabre & World. Farmer pissed me off too. When he was good, he was generally very good, but when he was bad I wanted to punch him. I think the Planet of Adventure series would make an excellent slow read, especially since there is a direct tie in to gaming - GURPS planet of Adventure, which I own! GURPS supplements are always interesting even if you don't play GURPS. They are usually easily adaptable. BTW, in spite of my great and abiding love for Vance, I did not mention Planet of Adventure in Sabre & World either, because I didn't think of it as Sword and Planet, but they are totally right!