Another find - The Rig by Roger Levy

Another find - a bit long at 600 pages but it sounds good, and that cover - wow!

From a Locus review by Paul Di Filippo:

I am delighted to report that The Rig is an outstanding SF novel, rich in ideation, emotion, suspense and speculation. It’s the kind of space opera–if I may stretch the category that far–which does not focus on giant galactic empires and battles, royalty and rebels, but rather on the mechanics of interstellar civilization, if you take my meaning. (And although the action here is limited to but a single solar system, the myriad variegated planets therein furnish a capacious and extensive milieu.) If I were to cite Heinlein’s Citizen of the Galaxy, M. John Harrison’s Kefahuchi Tract trilogy, Laumer & Brown’s Earthblood, and Delany’s Nova and Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand, I think you’ll apprehend what the book encompasses: a true sense of the “quotidian future,” if you will. I would also rope in Bester’s The Stars My Destination, for a certain bravura tone and the shared themes of revenge, wealth and destiny. Levy’s book can hold its own with all these illustrious predecessors.

https://locusmag.com/2018/05/paul-di-filippo-reviews-the-rig-by-roger-levy/

Comments